Tlaquepaque Sedona, 2020.
Every time we travel back up to Sedona we always go look to find ours. 12 years ago there were only like 10 or 15 and super easy to find. The passage of time has not been kind. It's fun knowing ours was one of the first but there's no way to find it now.
As an aside, nice surprise to find this made Flickr's Explore on Oct 24th.
A nice surprise to find this was on Flickr Explore today.
Some more things really worth your time, Oct 7th 2020 edition.
• accidentallywesanderson on Instagram. Now, I'm not one to fawn over things on Insta because, well, Facebook. But this account of things that wouldn't look out of place in a Wes Anderson film is so good.
• Battlestar Galactica. I know what you're thinking, welcome to 2004. But this show is one of the best of all time, and I wondered how it would hold up again. The answer is, it's just as good as I remember it being. I'm 3 episodes into season two and it's just great, I'm hooked all over again. So say we all.
• Safari. No really. It's become my default browser on my Mac. Surprising for someone historically so focused on Netscape Navigator => Mozilla => Firefox since the olden times. At $job I started using it here and there assisting debugging one of our apps. That morphed to just opening a couple other tabs here and there. To then finding I had 37 tabs open and had been using it all day. So I wondered what it would be like to live in Safari full time. And here we are a month later.
Those of us who purchased an Apple device at the end of last year got a free year of Apple TV+. It's approaching subscription renew or cancel time. And I find it's a dilemma. Are For All Mankind, The Morning Show, and Ted Lasso worth re-upping Apple TV+ for another year?
Here are a few things really worth your time.
• Ted Lasso on Apple TV+. What started out as Jason Sudeikis commercials for NBC Premier League now turned into a series. And it's great. Heartwarming fish out of water story of an American coming to England to manage a football team.
• Minimal Gallery on Flickr. Minimal photography is probably my favorite. This gallery is must daily viewing.
• All Or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur on Amazon Prime. I'm biased obviously, because they've been my team since I was a kid. But an utterly fascinating look behind the scenes of life at Tottenham in 2020. Thoroughly recommended.
• Sunday Live chat with Lol Tolhurst and cEvin Key on YouTube. Founding members of two of my favorite bands of all time Skinny Puppy & The Cure have a chat. And it's great.
• World's Toughest Race: Eco Challenge Fiji on Amazon Prime. Bear Grylls hosts a grueling cross island race with 66 teams. You really get to like some of the teams and their own back stories.
The weather took a pleasant turn this past week. Going outside to sip morning coffee again is nice.
As I sit here a hazy smoke lingers over Phoenix. The pinky orange sun barely visible through the cover. Our neighbor California is having one heck of a time with wildfires. Some of the videos on the news are just mind blowing and I feel terrible for those without homes to go back to.
I worry things are just a lightning strike away from igniting here also. The summer has been brutal and as you drive around you can't help but notice how dried out everything is.
What a bloody year this has been eh?
Phoenix Summer 2020. And a nice surprise to be featured on Flickr Explore.
Statue of Pat Tillman outside the Arizona Cardinals Stadium in Glendale.
Tillman gave up his NFL career with the Cardinals to enlist in the Army after 9/11 attacks. Was killed in the line of duty by friendly fire.