MacBook Pro Thoughts
This week I got a new MacBook Pro at work. One of the touch bar models. It's certainly too early to have anything reasonable to say, so a few quick first impressions.
• Keyboard. Louder, less travel, doesn't feel as substantial.
• Screen. Just lovely in every way.
• Trackpad. Very big. And also big. The 'click' is softer. Why is it so big?
• Touch Bar. Why. Is. This. A. Thing?
• Touch ID. Being able to use my fingerprint to login is wonderful.
• Ports. All USB C, all the time. Not as big of a deal as I thought? Only need one USB C => USB A dongle.
• No physical escape key. I'm in vim all the time. Not having an escape key is almost a deal breaker.