Flickr have opened up the your best shot of 2019 group for submissions. It's fun to go back through the year's uploads to pick just one in particular. It came down to two of them, both black & white shots (shocker).
This one of our cat Mary Poppins was in the running.
But I ended up going with this one because I'm a sucker for (a) black & white (b) vanishing points.
Flickr still exists! You'll find me uploading photos at least a couple times a day. The place seems just as vibrant and engaging as it ever did.
Flickr groups is where the site still shines. Here are a few of my daily must visits. Clearly I still have much to learn, these folks are amazing.
• Catchy Colors. As the name implies, these are the photos that pop with color. Saturation heavy and quite wonderful.
• Vanishing Points. Think Piers reaching out to sea, straight roads in the desert stretching for miles. I could look at these all day.
• Sunset Light. Truly the best time of the day.
• The Skies Above. Sunsets, and sky, and clouds. Oh my.
• Less Is More. Minimalism at its finest.
• Black And White. Because I've never met a black and white photo I didn't like.