I love music and and I love statistics. So when I first stumbled across last.fm it was a like a little slice of heaven. I tell it what songs I listen to and then over time I get a pretty good picture of my listening habits. That was 8 years ago now and I've been scrobbling ever since.
The other day was a milestone of sorts as I've now reached 300,000 plays from 4,421 artists. The track in question? Well, it just happened to be Closedown by The Cure.
So a brief summary then of 8 years of listening. Anyone who knows my taste in music should remain unsurprised at my most listened to artists.
1) Depeche Mode (11,271 plays)
2) The Cure (8,643 plays)
3) Skinny Puppy (5,492 plays)
4) Nine Inch Nails (5,316 plays)
5) Hocico (4,823 plays)
6) Project Pitchfork (4,095 plays)
7) Killing Joke (4,036 plays)
8) Rammstein (3,538 plays)
9) :Wumpscut: (3,524 plays)
10) The Birthday Massacre (3,515 plays)
Or my most listened to songs.
1) Hocico – Death As A Gift (282 plays)
2) Hocico – Tales From The Third World (253 plays)
3) The Birthday Massacre – Horror Show (224 plays)
4) The Glove – Mouth To Mouth (216 plays)
5) Seabound – Scorch The Ground (215 plays)
6) Hot Chip – And I Was A Boy From School (199 plays)
7) Depeche Mode – Peace (193 plays)
8) Japan – Quiet Life (189 plays)
9) Depeche Mode – Precious (185 plays)
10) Fad Gadget – Salt Lake City Sunday (183 plays)
So here's to the next 300,000 tracks. Played loud of course.
Hocico? Wumpscut? Whaaaa???
Industrial bands sir. You might like 'em actually.
Nice to see Depeche Mode and The Cure taking the top two spots.
Peace… it has that classic sound that makes it transcend the entire catalog of DM tracks.
I admit to playing Precious a lot here. One of the better DM singles in the last 10 years.
I've often lamented how disappointed I am in recent Depeche Mode albums. But having said that, they've contained two of my all time favorite DM songs Peace and Precious.